First off, you can only submit a session if you are registered as a speaker. Register here and create a speaker profile for re:publica 2021. You can log back in and edit your session at any time until the CfP deadline. Log in to the #rp21 website here.
1. Update your speaker profile or register as a speaker
Please note that your session can only be accepted if your speaker profile is complete by the end of our Call for Participation (CfP) deadline for sessions (video formats) on 21 March 2021 or by the end of the deadline for the Off Stage programme, on 2 May 2021 respectively.
A. You have been a speaker at a re:publica event before and already have a profile? Then please log in with your username or your registered email address here. Everything up to date? Great, then please continue with point 3.
B. If you want to create a new speaker profile simply follow these steps:
- In the first part of the form please fill in your personal information (first and last name)
- Choose your username. (HINT: if you use a combination of your first and last name, we will have an easier time to find you in the system when you have questions)
- Please enter a valid email address. This is important, as we will use it to send you further information.
- Click the Button "Create account"
B.1 After completing registration, you will receive an activation link on the email address you provided. (Please allow this to take up to 15 minutes depending on your email provider and please also check your spam folder. Follow the link in that email and set up a password.)
B.2 When you're logged in for the first time you need to complete your speaker profile. You can only save your speaker profile once you have filled in all fields marked with a red star. Ideally, you already have the following at hand:
- Upload your photo. Please make sure your file matches the following specifications: 800 KB Limit, Format: png gif jpg jpeg, The picture needs to be larger than 480x480 pixel. All pictures exceeding 1024x1024 pixel will be reduced.
- Fill in your short bio in 200 words / 1000 signs
- Fill in your organisation or your job title
- Please also add a link to your website or that of your organisation
- Change your password
- Save once and voila: done.
2. Navigation after login
When you log in, you will find a menu bar. Click on the gear wheel to open a dropdown on the left side of the page. You will find the items "Home", "My Dashboard" and "Add content".
- "Create Content": Here you can choose between: "Add Session": This button will take you to the form to create and submit an idea to the Call for Participation (CfP) (video formats: Clips, Lightning Talks and Features) and "Add Off Stage Action": This button takes you to the form to submit an idea for the Off Stage programme as a weblink
- "My Dashboard": This is where you can view and edit your submissions
- "Home": Here you can access the main page of re-publica.tv
- "My Profile": to edit your profile, click on the profile icon in the upper right corner and then click on the "Edit" link in your profile. Here you can change your email address, password and any other personal information
3. And now the most important: You want to add a session.
- Click on "My Dashboard
- Then select "Add Session" for either of the three video formats
- Now the CfP form will open. As a prerequisite for your participation in the CfP, please carefully read the CfP guidelines first and then check out our CfP FAQ.
- You can now start with your submission: Please carefully read the CfP form so that you can fill in all mandatory fields marked with a red star.Now go ahead and fill in all the required information — you can find hints for individual fields directly in the CfP form or in our FAQ: Title, Short thesis, Description, Track, Format, Language (English, German), Speaker (Add by username—this person must already have a profile), Experience & Videos (Here you can also add a video of yourself), Comments/Links
- CfP guidelines read? Great! Then please click on "Save" and tadaa: You did it, your proposal has been successfully submitted!
- Once you have saved your session and it appears in your dashboard ("My Dashboard"), the programme team can see it, too
- Not much time right now? No problem — Just click "Save" in between and continue later. But remember that all details of your session proposal has to be completed before the time of the CfP runs out — that includes the details of all speakers involved!
- All this is no rocket science and should be pretty straight forward most of the time
- Please note: You can log back in and edit your session at any time during the time of the CfP. To do so, simply go to the #rp21 website to log in.
4. If you are planning a session with several speakers, each speaker must register with a profile and let you know their username.
- Click "Add item" to add an additional speaker box
- Enter the user name in the field "Speakers"
- Please note that you need to wait for the auto-complete to find the user name in our database
5. finally: Please remember to log out.
Thank you for being a part of re:publica 2021. We look forward to your submission!